Monday, December 11, 2017

A short interlude to the Cornwall Challenge

So, a new day dawned and here I was in Tintagel after two gruelling days of cycling. My eyes cracked open and I my ears ears were greeted with the howling Cornish winds. Despite the early morning my intellect kicked into gear and I immediately realised I was faced with two mutually exclusive prospects:

1. Battle the hills and wind in an early morning epic duel of man and mechanical machine Vs the elements as I succeed strived to maintain my strict structure and schedule.
Or
2. Yawn, rollover, sleep. If I wait it out the hills and wind will be someone else's problem (also known as fuck the future self philosophy; popularised by the great philosopher Seinfeld and renamed by the even greater Joel Hallinan).
I will not tell you which I chose, but instead, I will let you, our intrepid reader, deduce for yourself the decision I took based on the clues below!

Baiky stares out over the Celtic Sea
Camelot Castle Hotel - at this stage I think they're just milking it.
Crazy paint job
The ruins of the castle Tintagel controversly claims could be Camelot
King Arthur sculpture
Merlin's Cave
The old post office, sadly no longer functioning in its post duties
A performance based on the young Merlin
The Cornish Coast
A view of Tintagel from the cliffs

No comments: